It may be the middle of January, but that doesn’t stop the EcoPro Products team from dreaming of sweet beignets, live jazz music, and a tasty Sazerac (or two). That’s right, this February we’ll be heading to New Orleans to be a part of this year’s APTA Combined Sections Meeting. This year’s event is taking place February 21 – 24, and we can’t wait to head down to NOLA for the festivities.
CSM 2018 In A Nutshell
This year’s conference is expected to be attended by over 12,000 dedicated professionals, physical therapists, staffers, clinic practitioners, and exhibitors. The convention is taking place at the Ernest N. Memorial Convention Center, a straight shot a few blocks south of the famous nightlife and history of the world-renowned French Quarter. Hello Bourbon Street!
Program Sessions and Continuing Education Units
Want to start 2018 with a CEU boost? Be sure to take part in the plethora of available training sessions at this year’s CSM conference. Depending on how many sessions you attend, you may be able to earn up to 1.8 CEUs.
If you’re looking for a more practical lesson, EcoPro Products will be on hand displaying our EcoPro Pillow Covers. Conference attendees will be able to feel the soft faux leather vinyl finish for themselves, as well as witness first hand how our easy it is to clean between patients.
Where to Stay
SPARGO, Inc is handling the accommodation planning for this year’s event. Conference attendees can make their reservations here. While there are a couple hotels that have already sold out of discounted rooms, there are still a couple available options including:
- The Hampton Inn and Suites Downtown/French Quarter
- Renaissance Pere Marquette
- Astor Crowne Plaza
- Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter
Attendees have until January 29th to book their rooms through SPARGO, but we recommend grabbing a room ASAP if you want to stay within walking distance of the conference.
5 New Orleans Fun Facts
To help get you in the New Orleans mood, here are a couple of our favorite fun facts
- For all those poker fans out there, New Orleans is credited as being the birthplace of poker (and craps).
- New Orleans is the birthplace of several famous personalities including Louis Armstrong, Truman Capote, Reese Whitherspoon, and Ellen DeGeneres.
- The first opera performed in the US was in New Orleans during the 1790s.
- New Orleans is where Voodoo was first introduced to the US.
- New Orleans is considered to be one of the most haunted cities in the US.
With so much history, we can’t wait to walk its fame streets. We’ll see you in February.